Thursday, July 2, 2009

This just in....

Can grad school give you a neurological condition?

I submit that it can.

Granted, I probably know more than I should (like any good hypochondriac) and the internet certainly tends to glorify medical disorders. You should really try google-ing "causes of anxiety" and see how many results pop up. Or I will save you a trip. 2,670,000. Approximately.

Seriously?

Seriously.

But I'm not done yet. I know enough psychology majors to know that in order to diagnose someone with a problem, you have to look it up in the DSM and qualify for a number of things off a list. I don't really know how it works, but I looked up "General Anxiety Disorder" in the DSM and found out that you need to qualify for three things out of six. I'm pretty sure I have 5. And I'm also pretty sure that grad school gave them to me.

Okay, seriously?

Yes. Seriously.


1 comment:

  1. allison! I swear I have GAD too-- thanks to this program. glad to know I'm not alone!!

    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete