Sunday, July 5, 2009

Life's decisions will simply have to be postponed...

In response to the previous post, I have been doing a lot of soul-searching. I think a much needed vacation from my hectic life in grad school was a much needed remedy to some "generalized anxiety" problems.

During a weekend with my family, I have come to realize a lot about myself. My parents and brother opened up about a lot of things they had been keeping to themselves for several years. These things, in a way, helped me realize that my plans and dreams are not what defines me--that there is Something much bigger than myself that makes me who I am.

The most important thing for me to do at this point is to focus on what is going on in my life right now. I am moving in two and a half weeks: I can focus on packing and I can focus on getting set up in my new digs. I am starting work in a school system in a month: I can focus on brushing up on the knowledge I will need to work in that capacity. I am taking comprehensive exams and my national certification exam this fall: I can focus on studying and passing.

Further than that? Nothing is pressing. There is nothing that really really needs to be planned out between now and then. Everything else (i.e. if I will pursue another degree next year, what school I will attend, when I will attend it, where I'm going to live two years from now, etc.) is another problem for another time. The problem is trusting that it will get taken care of in time. So thoughts and prayers for that are appreciated.

So I think I am finally going to put all my "plans" aside for a while :)

Seriously?

Seriously.


1 comment:

  1. I can't even BEGIN to describe how happy it makes me to hear that you've made this decision and realized this! My Allie is growing up!

    ReplyDelete