I started by taking all the slipcovers off my furniture and then I dusted and vacuumed the downstairs. I did a bazillion dishes, cleaned the kitchen countertops, and swept and mopped the kitchen floor and entryway.
Before tackling the upstairs (which is up there waiting on me), I decided to clean out my car. So I dragged my vacuum cleaner outside, thankful that I get to park two feet from my front door, and vacuumed out the whole interior of my car. I then used auto wipes to clean off all the hard surfaces, windexed the interior windows, and Febreezed the whole inside. It has been a while since my car has been this clean!
The only downside is that when I got back in, the weather started to get a little cloudy. I decided to turn on a lamp in my living room to brighten things up a little, and.... boom! Something popped (I am assuming from the socket) and all the power went off in my living room. I am waiting on the emergency maintenance people to come fix it as we speak. Thankfully, the living room seems to be the only room affected so I plugged my laptop charger in the dining room. But still... this put a little damper on my motivation to clean!
The days are definitely getting a little easier to handle. I can't believe it's been five days since I lost Mattie! The weekends were our time to hang out and it has definitely been hard the past few days knowing that my little shadow wasn't following me around. You might think that I would be grateful for the silence (and the ability to sleep in for hours and hours) but really, it just makes me want to get a puppy even more. There is dog-shaped hole in my heart and I think that in a week or two (yes, that soon, Daddy!) I will be ready to jump into being a dog owner again.
On the subject of puppies, I definitely want a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I've done my research and I know several people that have one and I think it would be the perfect dog for me! My dad said that he would prefer that I get something smaller than Mattie (she was a whopping 38 pounds most of the time) and also one young enough that I could crate train it. I don't think I could ever have an itty bitty dog (like a Yorkie or a Maltese) but Cavaliers are the biggest of the toy group--small enough to be a lap dog but hearty enough to not be fragile.
So I'm reading every Cavalier book and puppy training book I can get my hands on to prepare for this next big adventure! Also, I am supposed to hear back about the private practice job by Wednesday. Please pray super hard that they want me! It would be such a wonderful opportunity and honestly, I could use some good news.
Seriously?
Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment