Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Well, it's official. I didn't get either of the jobs I applied for back home, so it looks like I will be moving to the big city and taking the (original) offer in a school system up there.

This has been a long (and frustrating) process. There was the excitement of discovering this job in the first place, then the second thoughts about wanting to move home, the job interviews back home, deciding to definitely move back home, and then realization that both of those doors were closed for me and the only option was to move forward with the job that I had convinced myself that I didn't want.

God has a funny way of keeping us focused. I think He knew all along that the best thing for me was to move to a new place, away from my friends and family, and start a new life for myself rather than move back home and settle into life there. I got off the path by trying to make other plans (and some of them were very good ones!) but I am confident now of where I need to be.

It's a little exciting to think about living somewhere totally new (again). Let the planning begin! :)

Seriously?

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment