Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lovin' the Holidays

So begins my five weeks off from internships....

I finished up my school placement Friday. It was bittersweet--although glad to be done with another chapter and being one step closer to my degree, I was so sad to say goodbye to the faculty and students and the school where I have been since August. I got some of the nicest (and super sweet) cards and presents from both teachers and students and enough memories to last me a lifetime. Including the following:

While screening kindergartners (on my last day... trying to get those last few hours in!) Friday morning, I had hilarious conversation with a little girl. There is a question on the Fluharty screener where you have to ask the student, "How many brothers and sisters do you have?" After asking this question to a little girl, she responded,

"Ummmmm, one brother and three sisters, and, oh! Wait! Three boyfriends!"

"Three boyfriends?" I asked. "How do you juggle all those boys at one time?"

Laughing, she responded, "It's easy. They are all in different classes!"

It was my turn to laugh. "Do I know any of these boys?"

"Not unless you know Peyton, Carter, and Riley." (*names changed)

"Riley in the class next door to yours?"

"Yes!! Do you KNOW him? Because he is the one that likes to KISS me."

Oh, the image of kindergarten puppy love. :)

Seriously?

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment