After getting the necessary eleven hours of holiday sleep, I got ready (and actually wore eyeliner and mascara on my bottom lids, ladies, shocker, I know) and went to lunch with my freshman year roomie. I hadn't seen her in ages and it was so good to pig out on cheeseburgers and Dairy Queen hot fudge sundaes (I mean, since it's the holidays and all, I'm not counting calories) and catch up. I also got to meet her precious Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (who despite her overwhelming cuteness is hardly big enough to live up to her breed's name).
Add a great lunchtime with holiday shopping with my brother and you have yourself the ingredients for a spectacular afternoon. We roamed the aisles of Best Buy for a while before buying each other a Christmas present. Let me also state at this time that it was a little less like shopping for each other for Christmas morning surprises than shopping for ourselves, finding the perfect gift for ourself, and then handing it to the other sibling to buy. It's how we roll.
To top things off, I ended the day by going with my best friend and her rockstar mom for Mexican and margaritas. Aside from the mariachi band who decided to play raucously loud (and obnoxious) latin music less than four feet from our table (really, I would have gladly tipped them a big fat 20 to just go away), we were able to enjoy each other's company and to destroy the chips and queso and nuestras cenas in no time flat. After dinner, the three of us went to see The Blind Side, which is an amazing movie. Go see it. Now.
Seriously?
Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment