Sunday, October 18, 2009

I kind of love my life :)

This weekend, I went home to celebrate my friend Abby's wedding and to watch the Georgia Tech homecoming game with my family.

Abby was a beautiful bride and I was so happy for her on her special day! She had asked me to be a part of the wedding a few months ago but I didn't really know specifically I would be doing to "help" her. But my name was in the program (how cool is that!) and I got to serve at her reception. I have to say (without any bias at all), that I am the queen of serving punch, haha. She and Doug are spending the next week in Jamaica (jealous!) scuba diving and whatnot. Can't wait to see the photos from the honeymoon - I know they will be gorgeous.

And now the subject of college football.... What an incredible weekend! First off, Texas (barely) beats out Oklahoma in the annual Cotton Bowl! I didn't get to watch the game because I was at the wedding, but I got my dad and brother to send me text messages to keep me updated. It's too bad about Sam Bradford getting hurt again, but I'm pretty sure that Texas wouldn't have pulled out a win without that injury. Praying for a speedy recovery for Sam.

Six o' clock comes around and my whole family is gathered around the television, Quizno's in hand, in great anticipation of the matchup between the #4 ranked Hokies and our #19 Yellow Jackets. WHAT a game. We yelled, we screamed, we groaned. But we pulled off a win! And if you have a spare moment, you should check out today's AP rankings. The Yellow Jackets are now #11.

Seriously?

Seriously.


1 comment: