An update on my last post... We are still in the process of screening all those kindergartners. Turns out finding enough hours in the school day to get all 98 of them screened is easier said than done. But I am still chugging away with my hours (I think I have around 80 or 90 now!) and loving all my kiddos at the elementary school. Although I have come away with some crazy new stories and scars (not kidding), I have also come away with a ton of new friends at the school and will hate to tell them goodbye at the end of the semester. (So I'm trying real hard not to think about it.)
Anyway, I guess you might could deduct the fact that I was absent due to studying for my comprehensive exams - which I purposefully have not even mentioned (on blog or on facebook) until this point. Everybody gets so worked up about these exams and they don't stop to realize that they have already put in the time and effort into studying for comps. Get it? We already studied for the classes and the tests once and the questions aren't going to change just because the big test is comprehensive. Does that mean that we don't have to brush up on some things? No. But every girl in my class is more than capable of doing well on the big test, and I believe that we all did well. There just isn't a reason to stress out about it. We all have to have confidence in ourselves! Don't doubt that we haven't studied enough because we have all passed these courses the first time around. No stress needed. Stress causes you to do stupid things - like forgetting something that you know.
That is the attitude that I walked into comps with this morning and I left feeling... confident. The exam was not nearly as bad I had anticipated! We'll see how it goes.
In other news, I start full time next week, meaning that all 49 kids on the caseload are my responsibility for 4 weeks. I am excited about the challenge and ready to see how I respond to the pressure. I am anticipating a lot of laughs! Like today....
One minute, the 4 year old I was working with was sitting up in his chair and the next, I see his feet fly through the air and he jumps up really quickly and exclaims,
"Howy Cwap! I din see dat won comin!"
Seriously?
Seriously. :)
by the way: i can't help but laugh uncontrollably every time I read your statement your little 4 year-old kid made. I see the situation in my head and it just makes me laugh...I can just picture one of the kids saying that, and it's priceless! LOL
ReplyDelete