One of my favorite parts of my week is my Tuesday/Thursday afternoon group of first graders. There are four of them and they all have me completely wrapped around their fingers because I think they all hung the moon and are the sweetest 'lil things on the planet. So they tend to get away with a lot and in turn, we also do a whole 'lotta laughing. (I hope they are enjoying it as much as I am).
Anyway, yesterday, we were working on grouping things into categories. For instance, I would say to one of them, "Name five colors" or "Name four types of birds." We had gone through a couple of rounds of this and just before I gave them all their stickers for the day, I decided to ask the last little guy another question. "Name three songs." He just sort of sat there and looked at me (I'm sure he was thinking of his sticker and getting back to his class instead of answering my seemingly dumb question).
Finally, after some thought (and some pleading from his peers), he looked right at me and said, "Happy Birthday, uh.... the Hannah Montana Song, and... uh... Boom Boom Pow."
I just about lost it.
How the heck does a six-year-old know the words to that song? Of course, the other children couldn't possibly know what he was talking about, right? Wrong. They all busted into laughter and started singing, "Shawty got that boom-boom-pow" and I didn't even try to pretend to be an adult. I (naturally) started singing along with them and we all got a good laugh before I had to get them somewhat calm and walk them back to the first grade hall.
Seriously?
Seriously.
I'm just going to put this out there... but if you let Aunt Ivy around your kids... there is a strong possibility that your kid could be THAT kid. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU!
love it love it love it! Just caught up with all your posts, and I love it! Hope you're doing great. Love ya!
ReplyDelete