I slept until almost noon. This rare occurrence was greatly cherished this morning as I did not have anything special to do until after lunch. It is amazing how much you take "sleeping in" for granted during college. This used to be a weekly thing for me. Now, I am lucky to sleep in once a month. Needless to say, it was wonderful.
For lunch, my mom grilled bratwursts on the grill. They were fantastic! Even Mattie got to sample a piece of the action since Mom let me cut up one of them for her. I covered it in ketchup and mustard and put it in her dog bowl as a little Labor Day treat. I wish I had taken a picture of the yellow and red stains it left on her face!
After lunch, we went to go visit one of my old neighbors in the nursing home. She didn't know we were coming so it was nice to surprise her. She was hospitalized a few weeks ago for a broken hip (I think) and she had a stroke while in surgery. She is doing a lot better than expected and even recognized my brother and me and said our names!
Then, on a whim, I decided to create a Fantasy Football league in lieu of the upcoming NFL season. I don't really know anything about the NFL at all, but I think I will win the whole thing.
Seriously?
Seriously. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment