Saturday, May 15, 2010

Might As Well Have Twins


This week, Lucy and Linus turned 17 weeks old. Linus is almost getting too heavy to pick up and carry with one arm! They have a definite schedule now and are going longer in the morning and afternoons without any bathroom accidents. They scarf down each of their meals in a couple of minutes and have started to learn some basic commands. Here is a list of the commands that they seem to understand most of the time: no, sit, stay, up-up (to go up the stairs), out, and crate. I am really anxious for them to learn "drop it" and"down" but those are a little advanced for them right now. Either way though, they are getting so grownup!

To commemorate their getting older, I finally caved in and registered them with the AKC. Officially their names are now:

Byler's Lovely Lucia Gansa
and
Byler's Linus of Alexander

It's standard to use the breeder's name as part of their registered name. I call Lucy "Lucy Goose" all the time and wanted to use it in her official name, so "Lucia Gansa" is Spanish for her nickname. And if you know anything about me, Linus's name is pretty appropriate.

Here is a picture of my lovies from this morning: (please excuse the unmade bed!)

Linus (left) and Lucy (right)

They have a vet appointment on Tuesday so I will make sure to post their current weights and all that good stuff. I have a lot of friends that blog about their kids so I thought it would be fun to have a post about my "babies." :)

After two months of raising two baby puppies, I think I could probably handle twins at some point in the future, haha.

Seriously?

Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the official names! And Linus...TOO appropriate for you! They already look so much older since I last saw them a couple of weeks ago! The babies are growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete