Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Post of the New Year

So ends the first full week of January and my fifth week home for the holidays. Truthfully, my break from the working world has been a good one and even more truthfully... it has been a break that I really don't want to end. I'm dragging it out as long as humanly possible. I haven't spent this much time at home since I graduated from high school and I forgot how good it is to just be a kid again. It definitely puts simple "grown-up" things like laundry and buying groceries into perspective. And though I'm glad that I am months away from being a real adult, I am going to miss writing things down on my mom's grocery list and having them magically appear on the counter a few hours later or throwing my laundry in the bin in the hall bathroom and having clean and folded laundry magically appear on my bed.

So I have one more week at home before I have to head back to my apartment and my last internship. I think most of the people from my program are starting on Monday, but my hospital didn't want me to show up until the 18th, so I get another free week to bum around my hometown. I'm not so nervous about my hospital placement; I had an excellent full day of orientation back in November when I got got meet all the other therapists, got a tour of the hospital, got the lowdown on my caseload, etc. So I know exactly what to expect. I'm excited about it (and really excited about wearing all the scrubs I got for Christmas!) and my schedule is pretty good there. I only have half days on Friday so that means I will get to come home a lot! You might think that my parents are happy about this but I think they are just tired of my dog coming with me....

Seriously?

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment