I hate waiting for anything. Autumn takes way too long to come back into season every year, Christmas should be more than once a year, graduations seem to take forever and a day to happen, and no matter how close I am to actually getting a real job, it seems as far away as it did when I was a little girl.
Here are things I am currently waiting on to happen:
- Comprehensive Exam Grades - I took this exam almost a month ago and have yet to hear whether or not I passed. I'm not entirely sure what the hold up is (I have heard rumors that some professors have been sick and others were late getting in their graded portions) but I am definitely ready to know once and for all whether I have to retake them or not. (Hopefully not.)
- Hospital Orientation - I have heard through the grape vine that I have to attend an orientation during the month of December for my hospital placement. I haven't heard anything from this particular hospital ever - just that I am supposed to report there in a few weeks. Is it very hard to send a confirmation email so that I can get a little more sleep at night? Here's a weird thought for you: really, all I want to know is what color scrubs I get to wear.
- Hospital vs. School - On the subject of hospitals, I would like to know once and for all which setting is the best fit for me as an employee. I am definitely leaning towards the school system right now (mostly because I love being part of a school community and really zeroing in and helping my students long-term). But part of me is tired of waiting to see whether I will sink or swim in the hospital.
- Location - I am waiting to figure out where I will live this time next year. I love Augusta and I have met some amazing people, but I hate being this far away from my best friends and family. Most of my family is over two hours away and my best friends are either back home or in Valdosta (or at least south of Macon). I am considering moving closer to home next summer. We'll see.
- Mattie's next vet appointment - Mattie has had some health scares lately and I have been concerned about her since we moved here back in August. Her November appointment at the vet will really be a big deal in letting me know what kind of shape she is in.
That's it in a nutshell--at least for now.
Seriously?
Seriously.
Guess I'm glad I had to have an interview now; at least I got a confirmation from the horse's mouth! And as for scrubs...I totally just commented on scrubs in my post a few minutes ago! haha. I met all the therapists at the hospital here and they were all just wearing "fun" colored scrubs. (Grey's Anatomy brand to be specific!!...yes, I noticed.) So, if it's like ours maybe you get to wear whatever color you want (black, pink, royal blue, aqua, teal, purple, green..."non-doctor" colors would be my guess!)
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope Mattie turns out to be alright! Ninja says "ruff"!!
Meg, I'm glad you found out about your placement. There is a scrub shop over by the old mall that sells those Grey's Anatomy brand scrubs (if you are interested!) I saw them there a couple weekends ago when I went with my mom so that she could get some more scrubs for work. I'm hoping that I will get to wear a bunch of different colors too. Tell Ninja that Mattie and I said hello!
ReplyDeleteoh, good to know! I just may have to check that store out! thanks!
ReplyDelete