Monday, August 17, 2009

Working Out All the Kinks

I am slowly realizing that there are some things that are actually much harder than doing therapy in a school setting: scheduling being at the top of that very short list. I never imagined how hard it is to find time in a regular school week to see 50+ kids for however many times a week they are each supposed to come. Assuming that we would fit them however we liked and letting their classroom teachers know is apparently not a very realistic option. Instead, for the last week or so, we have been talking to all the kids' teachers and figuring out what times the kids go to "specials" and what times lunches are, etc etc.

So long story short (which, this is already long as it is, so I probably shouldn't say that), we finally figured out the master schedule and should be seeing everyone on it by Wednesday. After hours of pouring over IEPs and class rosters, every one of our kids has a slot with their name on it.

Daily funnies:
  • When asked what you put on your feet, one of my students responded, "CHEERIOS!"
  • Our lunchroom served slices of kiwi with the skin still ON and I tried it. It tasted like a big hairy monkey going down my throat. Disgusting. And I'm pretty sure the face I made further proved to my mentor SLP that I have some tactile issues of my own.
Oh, and also, I am required to attend all the meetings that my mentor teacher is required to attend and this afternoon we had a meeting at the middle school to train on a new computer program. And I totally rock at it.

Seriously?

Seriously.



No comments:

Post a Comment